Goto page 1, 2  Next Software Documentation MQ2Clipper » Deprecated
MQ2Clipper » Deprecated
Overview
This is an old plugin that limits the clients viewing distance, and does so based on if the window is in the foreground or background. It is really in need of a refresh, and is only partially functional on SOD and Underfoot.

/fgclip <level>
/bgclip <level>
will set the level of clipping for foreground, and background everquest sessions. The typical use of this is to set background windows to 0 clipping to save on resources, but any combination is possible.

/automin <on|off>
This is a form of EQ window management. It will automatically minimize background eq sessions. This can save small amounts of resources.
Last edited by TheConquistador on Mon Feb 09, 2009 4:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:34 pm
Co-Founder (Retired)
This plugin is invaluable to me. This is probably one of my favorite plugins.
Aka
Captain Flabby
Aka
MC Aquafresh
Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:21 pm
Agreed. MQ2Clipper is a great plugin if you are boxing.
Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:34 pm
Project Member
General question from a newb:

How much better does this function in terms of minimizing resource use on background sessions than WinEQ2 per session?
Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:38 pm
I was able to handle several extra clients on my PC when running it. I stress tested it when I first did it and was able to load up 15 instances on 3 gigs of ram, radeon 9700pro, and a 2500+. They didn't run well, but I got them up.

Before the plugin I think I had gotten 10 or 11 up. Several people swear by it... give it a shot. After all the crap with my420time publicising the code I swore I was going to write a better version I've just been really busy lately with RL.
Fri Apr 17, 2009 9:54 pm
Project Lead
get this uhc. Its freaggin awesome.
Aka
Captain Flabby
Aka
MC Aquafresh
Sat Apr 18, 2009 2:35 am
I'm a convert! Where do I download it, Maud?
Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:57 am
This ever get an update to use an .ini or would I have to go gold? I liked the plugin but I had to set the clips on every character every time I logged in because it always used default values, and the /automin always defaulted to 'on' as well. It got a client hopelessly stuck minimized after zoning on more than one occasion, and I had to use EQBC from another toon to send it a /camp or /quit command to get the window back. This is with the SoD client, btw, don't know if it's an issue with other clients.
Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:15 pm
I saw this on my way out the door this morning and just remembered. Sorry for the delay. Mq2clipper is deprecated. It's still in there since the new one is in the gold area. I removed the automin, added default and by character ini, window tiling, and window title managing. Check out the gold download for mq2emubotman. A work around if you still want to use mq2clipper is to put a section at the start of your macro to figure in your settings, I can help you do that if you want.
Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:50 pm
Project Lead
One Uses INI
Is there version this that does use a INI so dont have set stuff each time log in this annoying me death lol?
Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:14 pm
The only one with an INI is in the gold section because it's combined with a window tiling plugin.

They will eventually be rewritten and split up but there is no ETA on that and I haven't decided if it will be in the free or members area.
Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:11 pm
Project Lead
RE One Uses INI
well will it work with the one I downloaded from here.I be very happy just buy the plugin for 5 bucks as one have now is buggy with Underfoot I not wanting buy the whole program just the pluging work with UF compile you have here
Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:59 pm
I hadn't noticed it until recently, but yes the SoD and Underfoot versions are buggy. Basically on titanium the client would recognize that the clipping value changes and it would reset itself. Underfoot and SoD just sit there, but as soon as it rains or gets foggy the clipping resets. That's part of the reason for the rewrite, but I have to trace through the code and find a way to trigger it to change on its own. It will be a little time consuming and there are 2 plugins in-line in front of it.

Sorry it isn't working as expected, I'll add a month of membership for you.
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:09 am
Project Lead
MQ Clipper With INI
Thanks for the gold to try it but i yet caint find out where get the clipper uses ini to try it i been able get the regular work with HOT build i made of EQ for EMU but annoying i have hit a button make set them back i log in
Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:45 pm
Mq2emubotman

In sets clipping, renames windows and does tiling. The tiling is lacking honestly and that is what is in the works at the moment.
Tue Oct 11, 2011 9:57 pm
Project Lead
Goto page 1, 2  Next Software Documentation MQ2Clipper » Deprecated