Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2AutoLogin
Whew...you are definitely confused on this at a much higher level than I am. Thanks for the sleuth work. I use InnerSpace for cpu/display/game launching and a few broadcast things like telling everyone to run a hot button. If it weren't for the cpu management I think I'd drop it at this point. Analogies have been made such as InnerSpace is like Windows and MQ2 is like Linux or Unix. Inner Space does nicely work...and clearly there was considerable overlap of developers and programming between InnerSpace and MQ2.

So...I can't help you with how it runs or how it does what it does. I can point you to their web page where they offer a free trial...namely if you were so inclined you could download it and see what it is.

http://www.lavishsoft.com/account/trial
Sat Dec 12, 2015 5:06 pm
I don't know anything about IS, does it do any window manipulation or automation in the game?

Yes it does.
Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:05 pm
Senior Project Member
MQ2 is much more facile in getting characters to do something like have them all run a macro, stick, cast a spell etc.

With InnerSpace you can have a single character, or all characters, or all characters except the sender to do a keypress combination, that keypress combination can in turn cause an eq hot button to be triggered.

So if, for example, you want all clerics to target the tank and then cast a heal spell you can do so by broadcasting a keypress that only clerics have in their keys that pushes a hotbutton...the hot button can then cause a social to run that first targets the tank and then casts a heal spell... Awkward and less direct than MQ2

On the other hand you can assign cores to characters, windows to characters, and window layouts etc. And launch a given character set on a given computer.
Sun Dec 13, 2015 12:51 pm
Login via shortname ?
A few months back it looked like zrsh may have started to look into how this plugin could be modified to figure out which server to use from a shortname rather than an id coming from the ini. Not sure if my interpretation is correct here, but that is what I'd like to read into it.

If so, I'm just wondering if anything ever became of that ? Frankly, I'm not even sure if shortnames change at the same rate as the ids do and the effort would be futile anyway ?
Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:30 pm
I know of no progress using a server shortname rather than server ID. I don't even know if shortnames are used and if so, what they are. Sorry.
Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:49 pm
Senior Project Member
Honestly I don't know if I'm using the right terms here. In the Everquest directory the eq client creates files named UI_<charName>_<serverShortName>.ini. I was hoping that it would be possible to interact with the servers list in the plugin code and do a lookup via this server short name instead of going directly to (something like an ordinal index id?) from the MQ2AutoLogin.ini.
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:20 pm
Aye. I don't know if the login server sends that info to the client at the server select screen.
Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:56 pm
Senior Project Member
Possible good news.... I can log in via underfoot without knowing the server id. RoF2 source code has the same function, so it should also work on RoF2. I wonder how long it's been working.

Macro
More +
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1
UseINIServerList=0

[ServerList]
peqtgc=

[stationname01]
Password=ThisIsTheBestPasswordEverButNotMyRealOne
Server=peqtgc
Character=grumble

The keys are:
[Settings]
UseINIServerList=0
[ServerList]
peqtgc=

The source code already had a method to cycle through all servers looking for the server name. It would only be called if UseINIServerList=0.
Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:08 pm
Senior Project Member
Sorvani had an update for me to merge in about a year ago. I found the eqgame.exe patterns for the other clients, but this was in all other respects his baby. So I don't know much about it either, but what I gathered is that it's working the way you want it to? If not, let me know and I'll brush up on it and see if I can get it working better.

I think this is the bit grumble mentioned.

c++
More +
DWORD GetServerID(char *szName)
{
        if (bUseINIServerList)
        {
                return GetPrivateProfileInt("ServerList", szName, 0, INIFileName);
        }
        else
        {
                for(DWORD n = 0; ServerData[n].ID; n++)
                {
                        if(!stricmp(szName, ServerData[n].Name))
                        {
                                return ServerData[n].ID;
                        }
                }
        }
    return 0;
}

If bUseINIServerList is off it searches through the server data to get the ID of the one with the matching name. If it is on, it uses the ID from the server list. Is that the right behavior?
Tue Feb 02, 2016 7:09 pm
Project Lead
It sounds like the right behavior to me. Unfortunately I couldn't get it to work. I was using MQ2AutoLogin.dll from Classic_Underfoot zip (Sep 10, 2014), then also tried the one from Classic_ROF2 because the dll was newer (Mar 8, 2015) thinking I might pick up the changeset.

Using UseINIServerList=1 and setting the id in the ini works without issues.
Using UseINIServerList=0 has the following effects for me with different server names:

Server=EZ (Linux) x4 Exp
This makes it to the server select and just stays there. Maybe it never gets a string match for some reason.

Server=PEQTGC
Also gets to server select, but then shows a popup "An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server". Clicking it away just results in the same popup over and over.

I'd be happy to test new builds or try to debug. Just let me know how I can help.
Tue Feb 02, 2016 11:16 pm
What's the Server= line under each profile? That string must match how the client perceives the list of server names. For me, it was the same as the server shortname, but I was also using a server specific login server.
Wed Feb 03, 2016 9:46 am
Senior Project Member
Server= lines I tested with are listed above. Mind if I take a stab at it with the debugger ? I'm not sure how else to see where things are falling over on my side.
Fri Feb 05, 2016 1:18 am
This worked for me:
Server=serverShortName

where ServerShortName comes from UI_<charName>_<serverShortName>.ini.

edit:
The method I described above works on PEQ's private login server but doesn't work on eqemulator's public login server. I couldn't find a valid Server= line which would allow me to login. It just sits at the server select screen.

When I use the ServerShortName, the EQ window will soon show an error:
An unknown error occurred while trying to join the server.

When I use any other Server= entry, the EQ window just sits there waiting for input.

Therefore, I assume that the client thinks it has found the correct server based on the servername and tries to continue with the next stop. The next step works correctly under one login server but incorrectly under another login server.
Fri Feb 05, 2016 6:00 pm
Senior Project Member
Just noticed these old posts. I suspect I left it for Sorvani to answer since he was maintaining this. You've probably long since gotten an answer elswhere but It doesn't look like theres anything in there to support that when using the station names, but I'm just now spinning up on this plugin. You could however probably use the station number option (see "UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions"). If you were deadset on it you could probably merge the two methods and have it login to a second character if a second session under the same account logged in.
Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:49 pm
Project Lead
Modifed the plugin to use the server long name instead of the server id. Just declare what the server longname is in the [Servers] section.
Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:50 pm
Project Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2AutoLogin