Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2AutoLogin
MQ2AutoLogin

Overview

This plugin will automatically log your characters in. The original plugin was written by ieatacid and forked for UF/SOD on EQEmu by Sorvani

Commands

/switchserver <server short name> <character name>

• /switchchar peqtgc Sorvani
    Logs your out all the way to the server select screen, logs into PEQ, and then logs the character Sorvani in.

/switchchar <name>|-instant <on|off>

• /switchchar -instant on
    Turns instant camp on; substitute "off" to disable
  • /switchchar Sorvani
    Logs out the current character and logs Sorvani in

INI File Settings

The ini file will behave differently depending on the UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions setting. If it is a 1 it logs characters in based off of the station name (for WinEQ2 users). If it is a 0 or not present the profiles loaded are based off of how many sessions are running.

• UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions
    If set to 1 the plugin will log characters in based off the station name present at the login screen.
  • KickActiveCharacter
    defaults to 1 (on) if it's not in your ini file. If enabled, this clicks the "Yes" button when the window pops up asking if you want to kick the character that you already have logged into a world server, else it just sits there at the server-select screen.
  • InstantCamp
    defaults to 0 (off) if it's not in your ini file. If enabled, this uses instant-camp to camp you out rather than the 30 second countdown.
  • StationName
    Your login
  • Password
    Your plain text password
  • Server
    Your servers shortname, from the [Servers] section of the ini (covered below)
    -or-
    Your servers shortname, from the [ServerList] section of the ini (covered below)
  • Character
    Your characters name

You should always be extra careful when saving passwords in plain text. This is extra important here with how frequently we share our MQ builds.

INI File Examples

Using Sessions

INI
More +
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0

[Session1]
StationName=ChangeMe
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

[Session2]
StationName=ChangeMe
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

Using Station Names

INI
More +
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=1

[YourStationName]
Password=ChangeMe
Server=ChangeMe
Character=ChangeMe

[ServerList]

This method is deprecated but still works. If you enable it, it will prevent the new method from working. See the [Servers] section below for information on the new method.

Since the Server number changes depending on the the Login Server used, unlike the Sony servers, I added the ability to simply specify the server information in the INI file instead of having to have someone recompile the source every time something changed.

Add this section to your INI (should be in the default download)
ini
More +
[ServerList]
peqtgc=1
sts=6

To make it work you will need to know what your server shortname is and also what the server number is for the login server you are using. The example above is using the PEQ login server and will not work with the main EQEmu login server.

To determine your servers login server number you need to log in manually then camp out and exit to desktop.

Go to your EQ directory and locate the eqlsPlayerData.ini file. If you use WinEQ it will be named eqlsPlayerData.WinEQProfile##.ini where # is the WinEQ Profile slot.

Open this file in notepad. and you will see the last server id # listed right at the top. That is the number you need.

ini
More +
[MISC]
LastServerID=8
LastServerName=Sorvani's x64 Test Server

If you do no know your server's short name, scroll to the bottom of the EQ directory and find all the UI_CHARACTERNAME_SERVERSHORTNAME.ini files. and there you go.

Since I never use the EQEmu main login server I have no idea how stable the server numbers are for it. If one of you use this plugin with that login server, please report back your findings on stability.

[Servers]

Added 20170715

This is the newest method of selecting the server you want to log into. The above "ServerList" method is deprecated.

You must have the servers long name declared, with a shortname alias. The shortname comes first, followed by an equal sign, then the long name as seen below. Our supported servers are already included in the downloaded distributions.
ini
More +
[Servers]
RA=[] Raid Addicts (Fully Custom) [Solo/Group/Raid]
EZ=[] EZ Server - Custom Zones, Vendors, Quests, Items, etc
PEQTGC=[] [PEQ] The Grand Creation - Omens of War
SH=[] Storm Haven - High-Quality Custom Content
S2K=[] Scorpious2k: The Next Generation [custom]

Dependencies

UF/SOD/ROF/ROF2

This is a relatively complicated plugin. Because of the time required for a backport there is currently no plan to make this available on SoF/Titanium.
Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:23 am
Senior Project Member
Thanks once again Sorvani,

I go through the default login that lists all the EQEmu servers, so i'm pretty sure I do use the EQEmu login server, from what I can tell it works everytime.

Is there anyway to create a batch file to make shortcuts that autologin to different specific accounts?
Sun Nov 11, 2012 1:58 pm
Nevermind, I answered my own question.

You just have to create multiple shortcuts on desktop to eqgame with /login:stationname in the target properties to match the station sessions in the autologin ini.

This plugin is awesome!
Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:23 pm
Thank ieatacid over on the MQ2 forums he built it. I just tweaked it to work better for EQEmu.
Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 pm
Senior Project Member
autologin
I'm wondering if there is a way to make a single ini file that would handle all my characters. I log in through isboxer. Short name of server is HiddenForest, server number is 12. I log in through their server.
Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:09 am
I made it work
I use the HiddenForest private login server. MQ2Autologin can be configured to login all your characters with isboxer character sets. I box 3 groups, 18 characters. Autologin gets them all in, just doesn't do the quick selection to the server need to click that as there is a choice between test server and server. If someone knows how to do this please post it.

So my mq2autologin.ini looks like this:

[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseStationNamesInsteadOfSessions=0

[Session1]
StationName=yourfirststationnamehere (account name)
Password=yourpasswordhere
server=TheHiddenForest
Character=yourfirstcharacternamehere

[Session2]
StationName=yoursecondstationnamehere (account name)
Password=yourpasswordhere
server=HiddenForest
Character=yoursecondcharactername here

do as many sessions/accounts/passwords as are in your isboxer character set. You can log in characters one at a time and in a different order than in your whole character set.
Fri Sep 13, 2013 2:55 pm
Thanks for posting this, as I only use WinEQ2 I could not tell you what would work.
Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:02 am
Senior Project Member
Re: MQ2Autologin
I've stopped using this as it gets messed up somehow. Tries to login wrong account and once it does that you have to check each time you login as it will try to login the wrong account again. Wish I knew where to set this straight.

What we really need is something that can't get screwed up, say you have an ini file that has each account you have on it and the password associated with those accounts. Then whenever you run isboxer or whatever and load up a character it will associate the correct account with the correct password.
Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:52 pm
Why would you want 20 ini files to keep track of??? All info is in one ini currently.
Macro
More +
[Settings]

KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=1
UseINIServerList=1

[ServerList]
peqtgc=1

[Act1]
Password=password
Server=peqtgc
Character=charA

[Act2]
Password=password
Server=peqtgc
Character=charB

[Act3]
Password=password
Server=peqtgc
Character=charC
Tue Oct 29, 2013 6:28 am
Listen to This Guy
well
well not 18 separate ini files but 18 entries, one for each character as in your example.

I've not found much documentation on the autologin, seems this site is one of the best. I've never seen the Act feature invoked. Do you know of someplace where I can find more documentation?

Thanks
Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:21 pm
I think I pulled this from pastebin but not sure.
Wed Oct 30, 2013 10:22 am
Listen to This Guy
In the mq2 forums where the plugin originated.
Sun Nov 03, 2013 6:52 pm
Senior Project Member
Auto Login
Here is an example of what I use for THF:

Macro
More +
[Settings]
KickActiveCharacter=1
InstantCamp=0
UseINIServerList=1

[ServerList]
HiddenForest=12

[LoginName1]
Password=pass1
Server=HiddenForest
Character=Char1

[LoginName2]
Password=pass2
Server=HiddenForest
Character=Char2

[LoginName3]
Password=pass3
Server=HiddenForest
Character=Char3

[LoginName4]
Password=pass4
Server=HiddenForest
Character=Char4

etc for 10 more character

I never log into the test server and have not had any trouble logging all my characters in.

I have a specific folder that contains a shortcut for each character. Each shortcut has the following in the properties target window:

C:\Everquest\eqgame.exe patchme /login:LoginName1

Change the application directories and LoginName to correspond to your Everquest folder and each characters shortcut.
Tue Nov 12, 2013 2:58 pm
If you have 2 characters on the same station account, is there a way to set up a shortcut for each character?

Like, maybe /eqgame.exe patchme /login:Station, Character

Or can we have an additional Character=Name1, Name2 in the ini file?

*** Update ***

I tried numerous ways to pass a character name parameter directly to the plugin from the shortcut to no avail. I did discover that leaving the character field blank in the ini file stops the plugin at the character select screen, which helps some.

Out of curiosity, I copied the current source and will see what this old mainframe programmer can find out. (if I can even make heads or tails of it)

At first glance, it appears there is no way to override the ini with a passed parameter from the execution line without modifying the source. I know, more trouble than it's worth to just be able to skip the character select screen for a toon I seldom play. I never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the house.
Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:52 am
Multiple Characters, Same Account...
As Markton asked some time ago, is this possible? Typically I have separate accounts for each character, but I recently needed to make a couple of new characters on the same account and this would be nice to be able to use.
Is it possible? Is it modifiable if not?
Thanks
R
Fri Sep 05, 2014 3:51 pm
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2AutoLogin