Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Cast
What is the syntax to "queue" a spell or alternate ability? Specifically, I want to make a hotkey to tell my cleric to do something, but have him finish his current spell first if he's mid-cast. -maxtries doesn't work for this.
Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:38 am
I don't believe such a gueue system is built into MQ2Cast. MQ2Cast will automatically abort the command if it doesn't complete in a certain amount of time (such as when you are currently casting a spell).

For what you want, an event sounds more fitting. A hotkey issues a trigger command. A custom event is placed in your macro which looks for that trigger phrase. The event will do what it is you want it to do when the macro gets around to checking for events.
Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:36 pm
Senior Project Member
I remember someone mentioning some syntax in game awhile ago that would cause the receiving character to do the specified action within a specified time frame - IE /bct charname "keep trying to do this for the next 5 seconds" - but you're right, while I was thinking about this last night I realized I should just add an event into the macros I'm using. It seems to work okay, needs a little tweaking.
Sun Jan 04, 2015 10:44 pm
Using ROF2, how do I cast a clicky without it being automatically equipped?

This wouldn't be such a big deal except that the original item isn't being replaced.
Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:37 pm
/casting "nameofitem|item"

That command tells MQ2 the item is supposed to be cast from one of the 8 main inventory slots. It MAY work for items in bags.

If that doesn't work... Try the /useitem command. It's not a MQ2Cast command but built into the RoF2 client.
Fri Apr 10, 2015 8:50 am
Senior Project Member
Yea, looks like you need to use /itemnotify ${FindItem[<itemname>].InvSlot} rightmouseup
Sat Apr 11, 2015 12:27 pm
how to download
Do you have to be a Gold memeber to download all the addons? I cannot find a link on where to download these.
Tue May 19, 2015 11:59 am
Click the "Downloads" link at the top of this page. Also, try the Quick Start Guide.
Tue May 19, 2015 9:54 pm
Senior Project Member
So, I am moving to the ROF2 client.. what a pita! I have random crashes (due to mq2 I am pretty sure) I am still trying to narrow it down. I attempted this a few years ago when the client came out and it was such a pos I gave up and just stuck with UF. But it appears that I am really gonna have to bite the bullet and figure out why I am having so many issues. Apparently there are a LOT of people using it and not having my problems.
So, one of the issues I am looking at (not the crashes) is that /casting is just NOT working with items. Is this the case? I know that /useitem exists but lets be real, it really sucks compared to using /casting. Not only that but I would have to re-do so many macros.. I might just quit EQ altogether if that is where this is heading. lol.
Anyway, please tell me there is a way to get this to work in ROF2.. I have tried all permutations of the syntax that worked in prior clients. So, please don't go there. Ug! Help!
Thanks
Sun Apr 22, 2018 5:16 pm
I’ll runt thing the code. Can you post an example of your normal syntax. And the “not working”, does it just do nothing or is there additional symptoms?

If the crash cause doesn’t become apparent let me know and we can do a crash dump analysis.
Sun Apr 22, 2018 6:56 pm
Project Lead
Hey Maudigan..
Well, the typical syntax is
/casting "itemname|item"
/casting "item#" -slot#
etc.. I've tried every way I can find.. but it doesn't do anything. No error message, nothing. Just doesn't work. I can't imagine that this is something that is unique to my system.. but hey, anything is possible with computers.
Anyway, always worked just fine in UF..
As for crashes, well.. ya, that's a really fun sitch. I haven't gotten too deep into it yet.. will let you know as things progress.
Thanks as always for all your help..
R
Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:20 pm
From Astaeus a few posts above this ...

have you tried .... Yea, looks like you need to use /itemnotify ${FindItem[<itemname>].InvSlot} rightmouseup
Mon Apr 23, 2018 11:32 am
Yes, /itemnotify works, but would require changing all my macros.. and well, it's not really a fix
Mon Apr 23, 2018 4:41 pm
Well.. seriously frustrated here with rof2. What a pain in the @ss! There are some considerable perks to moving up to rof2, like extended aa, augmenting, and a bunch of other things.. but for whatever reason it just has major issues with mq2 and my system. I really don't think it is worth the effort to mess with anymore. UF has worked well enough for me for the last few years, even though it has plenty of it's own issues too. At least I can play through them. For now.
I have been through 5 or 6 different versions of the client over the years.. since it came out. Downloads from various places. All appear to be full of issues. Can't recall if they are consistent along all the versions I have messed with but similar enough. Constant crashing to desktop for casting one thing or another. In the past I have absolutely verified the crashes to be when mq2 is loaded. I have stripped the plugins down to the bare minimum..
Anyway, thanks for the help. I may revisit this client again at some time in the future but for now I am pretty much over it.
Cheers
R
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:52 am
Even if you don’t continue with ROF2, can you email me your crash dump. If you haven’t deleted ROF2 yet it’s probably still sitting there. It’s in EQ/logs/debug.dmp. It doesn’t always reveal a problem but sometimes it does.

I’m assuming you were running a fresh MQ download, if not don’t worry about sending it, I don’t archive my old intermediate files like a good boy.

I’ll take a look at it this weekend.
Tue Apr 24, 2018 2:58 pm
Project Lead
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next Software Documentation MQ2Cast