Public Macros EQBC - The Way To Skip Macros.
EQBC - The Way To Skip Macros.
Hello all, hopefully this will help some of you do the multi-boxing you're wanting to do, with out actually having to write or borrow other peoples macros.

EQBC - This comes standard with pretty much every MQ build. If you do not have it, obviously you will need it.

What is EQBC?

More +

MQ2EQBC (EQ box chat) is a plugin composed of two parts, a server (EQBCS) and a client (MQ2EQBC).

The server provides a similar service to an IRC server but is much easier to setup.
    The client is similar to the MQ2IRC client in that it monitors text that is sent to the EQBC server.
    The main advantage of MQ2EQBC is that it allows remote commands to be sent directly to a single or all connected clients.

Now to the point of this, I personally usually box anywhere from one full group of characters, to two full groups of characters. This is with out using any "modbot" or "cleric heal bot" or any other type of specifically built macro for any of the classes you generally need in everquest. I use only MQ2Melee and EQBC for this.

On my main toon (which is usually the main tank..) I set up in game macros that read as follows:

/bct ClericsName //target id ${Me.ID}
/bct ClericsName //cast 1

Now what that does is sends a msg to my ClericsName over the EQBC server and tells it to target my character, and then cast the spell in gem slot #1. That way I am still fully in control of my cleric, with out having to tab over to it, or anything besides either hit a key on my main window, or click a button on my main window. I do the same thing with all of my characters from this way, here is a few examples.

Stick:

More +

/bca //target id ${Me.ID}
/bca //stick uw !front

Heals:

More +

/bct ClericsName //target id ${Me.ID}
/bct ClericsName //cast 1

Wizard/Mage Nuke:

More +

/bct NukersChannel //target id ${Target.ID}
/bct NukersChannel //cast 1

The Reason for //target id ${Target.ID} , instead of just //assist is because in some eq fights (such as boss fights) there are scripts that require other things to do before you can kill or attack your main objective and what not. So this way I can actually sick my other characters onto the "trash" mobs and just destroy them as I standby my real target and just wait to start tanking it. If i used //assist, it would mean me having to actually target those monsters and risk having the big boss aggro one of the boxed characters.

Now let's add in some melee people in there:

Bard:

More +

/bct BardsName //target id ${Target.ID}
/bct BardsName //melody 5 6 7 8 9

Necro Dots + Pet Send:

More +

/multiline ; /bct NecroName //target id ${Target.ID} ; /bct NecroName //pet attack
/multiline ; /bct NecroName //cast 1 ; /delay 15 ; /bct NecroName //cast 2 ; /bct NecroName //cast 3

I used /multiline with the necro because you want to cast multiple DIFFERENT spells when dott'ing something. No reason to cast the same dot over and over again as if it was a Wizard's Nuke.

This is the ramblings of someone really new to the whole mq2/eqbc world by the way, hopefully this will help out some of you fairly easily and make it a little better for you when you decide to start multi-boxing. This definently works for me and makes it tons easier than all the alt tabbing just to find out my tank is actually already dead. Which naturally results in my entire box army dying and having to rez up, re-buff, and everything else. I will most likely be modifying this quite a bit as I find better ways to do this stuff, I just really do not like to depend on macros to do stuff for me.

edit by grumble: corrected a typo in the /multiline command
Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:20 pm
HELP with mulitiline
check this thread out

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?p=5277#5277
Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:11 pm
Typo in the original post is corrected.

In addition, a /delay X command in a multiline has "unpredictable results." It's better to use the /timed X command.
Sat Aug 10, 2013 4:36 pm
Senior Project Member
Public Macros EQBC - The Way To Skip Macros.