Errors Failure to Launch
Failure to Launch
I downloaded and used the MQ2 titanium/classic software (the Zip is MQEmu_Classic_Titanium) and extracted it into a separate MQ2 folder in my EQ directory. I ran the program, then booted Everquest with the EQEmu Launcher. No plugin commands worked and nothing had changed about my game. Rebooted and tried again, then a few more times for good measure. Did I forget something important? I then spent a few hours browsing around here and despite learning a lot none of it was helpful to me as most people seem to make it past where I got stuck. Thank you for your time, and have a nice day.
Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:52 am
Check your mail here. I sent you some quick tips that should help narrow down the issue as well as some starter code to help you box.
Sat Apr 14, 2012 1:42 pm
Not all plugins are loaded by default. Use "/plugin list" to see which are loaded.

However, it's the "nothing had changed about my game" problem that sounds most troublesome. You should see a new window titled "MQ" somewhere on the screen during character select and in game. That should be the only visible indication of MQ using a new/default install.
Sat Apr 14, 2012 9:36 pm
Senior Project Member
Do you have EQ running as admin, and MQ2 not? Doing that can have weird permission issues. EQ doesn't really need admin so long as it isn't installed in a folder that needs admin permissions to edit/create files, such as the /user/ folders.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 am
Well as of yet I have succesfully got the box running one time, but now I am running into weird issues with one bot not connecting even when forced. Also it seems something about MQ has screwed up my resolution because everytime I zoom into one box the other boxes black out, which doesn't matter except when starting up.
Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:31 pm
but now I am running into weird issues with one bot not connecting even when forced

Which plugin isn't connecting?

Also it seems something about MQ has screwed up my resolution because everytime I zoom into one box the other boxes black out, which doesn't matter except when starting up.

Do you use any other programs like EQPlayNice or WinEQ2? Do you use MQ2Clipper to set your clipping plane really really really really low and you are in a zone with black sky?
Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:00 am
Senior Project Member
I used to have this same screen issue on Titanium. The problem was.. not enough graphics processing power to load multiple screens. The solution back then turned out to be running two folders (directories).

The main folder was used at medium graphics for my control toon. The second folder was for bot toons and graphics were turned all the way down. That setup eliminated the black screens and LD clients.

Just copy your existing setup to another folder... log on from the second folder click options before you get into the game and remove all the model options. Set the screen resolution to a comfortable level but smaller size than your main toon. Enter the game and turn down the clip plane etc... /showspelleffects off. Start hiding spam through display options. Anything that limits the amount of info pumped through that second client will help.

You get the idea... I went from boxing two.. to boxing 12 with that setup.
Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:27 am
Errors Failure to Launch