Public Macros Mage Heal Pet Hotkey.
Mage Heal Pet Hotkey.
I am pretty much a noob when it comes to coding. Actually worse than a noob. I played EQ back at luanch thru PoP and have recently discovered EZ Server EMU and love it. I have leveled a few chars with 3.0's and now have come to a point where I really need hot keys and I need them to work as its too hard to alt-tab between toons. I have MQ2 installed, but don't know much about it but Stick and Maps are all I've used so far and that works fine.

The main thing I need is an auto heal for my Mage to heal his pet while My Necro and Paladin are busy healing the necro pet (main tank)

I tried:

/bct Magename //target=pet
/bct Magename //casting "Renewel of Jnamedpell" -kill

Its not healing at all. Do I need a pause in there? More code? What? I am using Titanium client but switching to underfoot in next couple of days might help. Any suggestions that are not too difficult for me to understand lol? Greatly appreciate any assistance.

Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:48 am
first always test commands on the toon you will want to do it to make sure it works.

Macro
More +
/casting "some pet heal spell" gem1 -targetid|${Me.Pet.ID}

Once you know it works, then you can go make your hotkey on your main. The trick to this type of thing where you want to use a ${Me} function is to use /noparse

Macro
More +
/noparse /bct MageName //casting "some pet heal spell" gem1 -targetid|${Me.Pet.ID}

Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:08 am
Senior Project Member
Mine works using
/bca //target pet
/bca //casting "pet heal spell" - kill

it twists the spell , untill target is dead, in this case the pet shouldnt die. I use stick command hot key when target dies and this stops the casting. If you have multiple alts , you would use
/bct name //target pet
/bct name //casting "spell name" -kill

I dont mind using the stick key after target dies becasue im usually moving on at that time anyway.
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:54 am
I forgot there is a /pause 2 between the the 2 lines to make sure it has time to switch targets, you also have to be within range or it wont work.
Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:56 am
The best method for targeting pets: /target id ${Me.Pet.ID}

FYI: You always need a delay after every /target command. It takes time to send the message to the sever, receive a response, and update your client. The pause depends on your ping times: /pause 3, /target id ${Me.Pet.ID} works for me.

Does the mage heal spell auto-target the pet? If so, you can safely delete the targeting line. The beastlord heal spells do and I'm pretty sure low level mage pet heal spells do (I can't try high level spells of EZ Server).

I'll echo Sorvani's advice to include gem# and switch to /bct <name of mage>. His hotkey pattern works great - not just for mage pet heals but for so many other things.

The -kill command should really only be used on targets you expect to die. The pet isn't expected to die so there are some side effects (like having to issue an interrupt to stop MQ2Cast from casting anymore).

Do you use MQ2Melee?

Try this setting:

Macro
More +

holyflag#=1
holyshit#=/if (!${Me.Casting.ID} && !${Me.Moving} && !${Stick.Active} && ${Me.Pet.PctHPs} < ## && ${Me.Pet.Distance3D} < ## && ${Me.SpellReady[name of spell]}) /casting "Name of Spell" gem# -targetid|${Me.Pet.ID}
Replace the #'s and names with values that work for you. This method will work without having to press the hotkey each fight or each time you want to heal your pet.

Don't use this method if you use a macro to control your mage during fights. The two will clash. It's better to incorporate pet heal logic into the mage macro.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 3:37 am
Senior Project Member
The entire point of my command line was to negate the need for doing a /target. the /casting command will handle the targeting when you send the -targetid switch.
Tue Apr 10, 2012 8:44 am
Senior Project Member
Public Macros Mage Heal Pet Hotkey.