Public Macros need help with a targeting problem i'm having
need help with a targeting problem i'm having
i'm working on a large macro while trying to make a buff request sub routine i ran into a problem i can make it work with tells without any problems but i would like to make it work for people requesting buffs in group chat also. the problem i am having is if i setup a #Event like this.

Macro
More +

#Event Buff  "#1# tells the group, '#2# please

Sub Event_Buff

/if (${Me.Book[${Param2}]}) {
        /memorize  "${Param2}" 1
        /delay xs
        /target ${Param1}
        /cast 1
     }

there is no problems loading the spell or casting but for some reason using ${param1} will not target a PC it tells me there is no suck member 0-300 <Name> and where <Name> is it displays my characters name perfectly but will not target them have been looking for a solution to this problem for days and cant seem to figure it out on my own
Mon Jan 29, 2018 4:03 am
Your event doesn’t look right

#Event Buff "#1# tells the group, '#2# please

There’s no closing single quote for the tell and no closing quote for the event

You’ll also get better mileage using a more explicit target:

/target =Bobby PC

The = does a perfect match instead of the closest character that contains “Bobby”, and the PC excludes NPCs
Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:30 am
Project Lead
I typed the #Event line by hand when i posted it instead of copying and pasting it. just checked my macro and the quotation marks are there in the event and i have tried the PC argument also that did not make a difference i will try the = in there and see what happens thanks for your reply i'll let ya know if it works for me
Wed Jan 31, 2018 2:21 am
adding in the = seems to have done the trick thanks a lot for the help
Wed Jan 31, 2018 4:05 am
Public Macros need help with a targeting problem i'm having