Errors Me.XTarget[1].TargetType NULL
Me.XTarget[1].TargetType NULL
I've copied DLLs from other versions of macroquest, and this does return a proper target type. I use the MQ2MAIN.DLL from this download, and it's not returning a type.

I'd prefer to run this one, in complete. But it sure is nice to be able to check my XTargets, without targeting them, or using other spawn type calls.
Mon Mar 27, 2017 9:50 pm
After looking thru the source code. It appears as if TargetType is a later rename, and Type is what is used in this version.

So

${Me.XTarget[1].Type} does return a value, and if you're using ninjaadvloot or some other scripts you can find on the web, simply replace TargetType with Type, and it fixes corrects the errors.
Sat Apr 01, 2017 11:41 am
Thanks for coming back and adding the solution once you found it! That's a nice thing to do. Adding a month of membership to your account.

Edit: Just noticed the time stamp on your original post. Sorry I missed it.
Sat Apr 01, 2017 1:38 pm
Project Lead
Just checked back here. Thanks..

I don't know how I would use it. :) But thank you anyway, and thanks for offering the free compile, so I don't have to jack with it myself! (It was already enough of a pain to get EQEMU compiling, and modding that.)

I was curious about the default compile, and the RoF2 MQ2Cast and MQ2Casting. It seems that I get all kinds of nasty crashes with the UI components. MQ2Casting/MQ2DPSADV always seem to cause me pain.

I also noted that the spell duration on most spells are just slightly off the EQEMU setup I run. (I can flip on GM mode, and see the spells actual duration's vs what is reported via MQ2.)

Is there a way to tweak the duration timers, or is all this compiled into the DLL/EXE so it's not touchable? Or is it pulled from the spells_us.txt, and maybe I just need a new spells file?
Wed Apr 05, 2017 2:29 pm
Those random crashes are nearly impossible to track down without a debugger. There's instructions here on a couple of files you can send me when you crash. It'll maybe show what's happening.

http://mqemulator.net/forum2/viewtopic.php?t=1607

I would assume they come from the spell file, but I'm not positive. I've never gone through that code. I can say based off how MQ usually does stuff, it would be really weird if MQ calculated them on their own. It almost always leverages values in the EQ client itself. So, basically MQ thinks whatever EQ thinks... it's less upkeep that way. If you try and tweak the spell file and it doesn't work I can find that code and try to figure out what it's doing.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:46 pm
Project Lead
Oh, that crash debug thing may only work if you're running the most recent DLL files. When the dll is built it spits out support files that the debugger needs. I don't archive the old copies of the support files that the debugger uses.
Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:47 pm
Project Lead
reproduction is super easy... :)

RoF2 client, load the plugin MQ2CastTimer, get the UI on screen have spell cast on you... BOOM crash, you won't get back in until you unload the plugin (my editing the INI).

If I had some debugs, I'd be happy to submit them
Wed Apr 05, 2017 7:42 pm
DMP file sent, with EQEMU GOLD (Since I was playing with that after you told me, I had a free month.)
Thu Apr 06, 2017 6:06 pm
Got it, thanks sir. I suspect it's probably just a UI bug.
Fri Apr 07, 2017 4:29 pm
Project Lead
Well I tried a ton of different versions of MQ2.

Maybe I left some old XML in my UI folder. :-/
Mon Apr 10, 2017 3:15 pm
Errors Me.XTarget[1].TargetType NULL