General Question : Feedback
Question : Feedback
Recently started playing again and pulled a copy of the ROF2 client and downloaded the ROF2 Classic MQ2 build, noticed a couple of things and wondering if anyone has some advice/feedback on it.

1: /casting using any form of the documented syntax only works on items equipped or in inventory spots but not inside of bags. Items are not being moved. I have mq2cast and mq2exchange loaded.

2: /exchange will move items outside of bags just fine but if something is inside a bag it tries to click it instead of moving it.

3: ${FindItem[Name].InvSlot} finds anything outside bags just fine but only finds stuff inside a bag if I have already opened said bag. If I zone I have to open and mouse over any item I want to use ${FindItem} on.

4: /stick is super laggy. Loaded UF client and MQ2 and ran around with 12 boxs and no issue. Move to ROF2 and bye bye boxgroup it was nice to see you. Expecting this one to be a rather easy fix but the one person I know that still plays wont tell me how he fixed it.

5: MQ2NetHeal ${NetCure[X].Resistance} "No such 'NetCure' member 'Resistance'
Found a debuff that doesnt trigger any other part of NetCure but would throw a flag if Resistance worked. Not sure if this worked on previous clients but if it did, it's broken now.

Most of this I can work around but it required me to rewrite large sections of my macros which just feels stupid. As I've not touched MQ2 or EQEMU in the past two years I'm hoping that I'm just out of touch. Sadly search didn't really turn up much on these topics.

Now I know most clickies I can just /useitem X X on but in the case of 'must equip' items, /exchange not working is kind of a pita. Could just update the old moveitems.inc but I found in the past that moving items (via macro) because I wanted to cast something would cause more crashes then any other reason.

Anyways any feedback is welcome
Mon Nov 14, 2016 9:05 pm
Listen to This Guy
1, 2 and 3 sound like their might be something a little fucky in mq2main. I'm thinking I'll have to chase that one down in the code. 4 is going to be a pain in the ass for sure; if you can talk your friend into sharing that would be awesome. On 5, off the top of my head I have no idea if that one was ever in there, my impulse is to say it wasn't since we tend to just port the old code up to the new client--although sometimes someone hands me a working copy for the new client.
Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:41 pm
Project Lead
I thought 4 would be an easy solve and it was (if 6 hours of running in circles is easy). Turns out /fps calculate and adjusting fps fg / bg values with a little trial and error solved it. Not sure why my copy of the .ini from UF -> ROF2 made it flip out so bad, kind of strange it wanted the mode flipped from one client to the other but as long as it works I could care less. Kind of surprised ROF2 preferred a high FG/BG fps limit compared to UF but just like with the mode setting, if it works who cares what value it wants.

Stick is always such a pita when boxing, gets more frustrating when people say stupid shit like "oh there is an issue with mq2moveutils and you need to get another compile" or "there is another ini file, just go find it and put it in your folder, no I wont give you a hint as to where said file might be located. Just dig through 22,000 google results for MQ2SuckIt". Honestly being told something like that really makes me scratch my beard and ponder the meaning of life.

I have my doubts on if 5 ever worked because I cant remember ever using it and I have no examples of it inside any of my macros. I pretty much have every other TLO that works in my examples folder. Just thought I would ask in case someone else would see it and say "oh yeah that, I use that in a sub, looks like XXXX".

Everyone has their own preference when it comes to things like debuff checking, I prefer NetBots and associated, pretty rare I find another well written macro/sub that does something other then a for loop

#1, 2 are the most important and 3 is a close second. I know you are busy and I'll find a way to make due until you can get around to it or tell me you checked it out but we're stuck.
I'll take a look starting inside mq2main but you know I only dabble in C in the most basic of ways.
Wed Nov 16, 2016 1:07 am
Listen to This Guy
I normally have free time to code on Saturday but we had an earthquake a few weeks ago (in Oklahoma) and I'm just now realizing that we probably have a leak in our front yard underground. There's this weird wet spot despite it not having rained. So I'll probably be dealing with that crap.

If I don't get back with you by next Saturday feel free to bump this thread.
Wed Nov 16, 2016 5:35 pm
Project Lead
Totally understand if it takes awhile to get to this.
Did find another interesting thing with Window TLO and manipulating raids.

Quick explanation: clicking on a name in raid window to move characters around groups. First name selected works, but not the 2nd. Example of what I tried.

Macro
More +
/if (!${Window[RaidWindow].Open}) /nomodkey /keypress Alt+r
        /delay 10 ${Window[Raid.Window].Open}
        /if (!${Raid.Locked}) /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_LockButton leftmouseup
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_PlayerList listselect ${Window[RaidWindow].Child[RAID_PlayerList].List[${Name2},2]} Leftmouseup
        /delay 10
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_Group4Button leftmouseup
        /delay 10
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_PlayerList listselect ${Window[RaidWindow].Child[RAID_PlayerList].List[${Name1},2]} Leftmouseup
        /delay 10
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_Group2Button leftmouseup
        /delay 10
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_PlayerList listselect ${Window[RaidWindow].Child[RAID_PlayerList].List[${Name2},2]} Leftmouseup
        /delay 10
        /nomodkey /notify RaidWindow RAID_Group1Button leftmouseup

The above example is trying to move one character out of Group2, move one from Group1 into Group2 and then put the guy that was moved out of Group2 into Group1

So I went looking at EQUI_RaidWindow.xml and the part I'm interested in is this
XML
More +
<Listbox item="RAID_PlayerList">
                <ScreenID>RAID_PlayerList</ScreenID>
                <DrawTemplate>WDT_Inner</DrawTemplate>
                <TooltipReference>List of all players currently in your raid</TooltipReference>
                <AutoStretch>true</AutoStretch>
                <LeftAnchorOffset>4</LeftAnchorOffset>
                <TopAnchorOffset>20</TopAnchorOffset>
                <RightAnchorOffset>6</RightAnchorOffset>
                <BottomAnchorOffset>266</BottomAnchorOffset>
                <TopAnchorToTop>true</TopAnchorToTop>
                <BottomAnchorToTop>false</BottomAnchorToTop>
                <LeftAnchorToLeft>true</LeftAnchorToLeft>
                <RightAnchorToLeft>false</RightAnchorToLeft>
                <TextColor>
                        <R>255</R>
                        <G>255</G>
                        <B>255</B>
                </TextColor>
                <Style_Border>true</Style_Border>
                <Style_VScroll>true</Style_VScroll>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>30</Width>
                        <Tooltip>Assigned Group Number</Tooltip>
                        <Heading>Grp</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>100</Width>
                        <Heading>Player Name</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>30</Width>
                        <Heading>Lvl</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>100</Width>
                        <Heading>Class</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>50</Width>
                        <Heading>Role</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>80</Width>
                        <Heading>Raid Rank</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>20</Width>
                        <Tooltip>Missing from Expedition</Tooltip>
                        <Heading>Exped Missing</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>20</Width>
                        <Tooltip>Missing from Shared Task</Tooltip>
                        <Heading>Task Missing</Heading>
                </Columns>
                <Columns>
                        <Width>10</Width>
                        <Tooltip>Voice Chat</Tooltip>
                        <Heading></Heading>
                </Columns>
        </Listbox>

Looks like if you click on the "Player Name" column to sort the raid window, the above example works flawlessly. Basically if the raid window has the nice group separator bar, then the above example fails. It 'remembers' the first character and only moves them. No matter how you try to select another raid member.

Just cant find a way to click on that column or even see it at all with MQ2. Might be able to tweak the UI piece to do what I need but found it interesting how it misbehaved.
Thu Nov 17, 2016 2:30 pm
Listen to This Guy
General Question : Feedback