Character Browser Updated Character Browser today and...
Updated Character Browser today and...
Hey folks,

So i got the latest version, honestly I had no idea this was still being updated! (bonks self) I think it is completely awesome what you guys have done but my issue today is that when a user clicks onto a link of any of my items it takes it to the item on mqemulator.net. My server is fully custom of course so none of the items would match for item ID's or stats etc. Is there a way for me to fix this so it would point to my Allah clone instead?

Appreciate the assistance,

Jordan "King" Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:57 pm
I could add some link templates to the configuration file, it may take me a bit. Maybe this weekend. You could probably edit it yourself relatively easy though. Most of the links are in the template files in the templates folder. The item links are in /templates/character_body.tpl. It's pretty much just raw HTML in those, it should be fairly self explanatory. It uses the phpBB template syntax if your familiar with that. That folder is also where you'd wanna poke around if you want to customize the HTML to look more similar to the rest of your site.

The spell links are in a weird place, /includes/item.php. They're are a few different places in there where the links are. There may be some more locations, but those are the two I recall off the top of my head. The best way might just be to pull the files into a directory and do a text search for "mqemulator.net"

When I get a chance I'll swap them all out with variables and set it in the configured file... something like:

php
More +
$item_link = "http://mqemulator.net/item.php?id=%s";
$spell_link = "http://mqemulator.net/spell.php?id=%s";

That way you can reset them at a single, logical point. The only catch would be that they'd have to use the same GET variables, otherwise the admin will have to edit the php.
Tue Sep 27, 2016 4:41 pm
Project Lead
Thank you Maudigan, appreciate the fast reply :)

Jordan "King" Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Wed Sep 28, 2016 12:08 am
I normally code at home all day Saturday. I forgot that today was Oct 1st, end of the fiscal year, and I code on a financial system. Things aren't going well and I'm still at work. This update shouldn't take long once I get to it, but it's not looking like I'll be off work very early today.
Sat Oct 01, 2016 1:02 pm
Project Lead
I may or may not have offered this in the past. It seems like I did, but maybe at the time you didn't allow MQ. I have a system setup for Server Operators to make their own MQ distribution. You basically just punch in your settings, (rules, short names, long names, etc) then just check the checkboxes next to the plugins you permit, and hit publish. The site automatically packages the distributions up and rebuilds them when changes are made. If you want to check it out, let me know and I'll add you to the group so you can play with it.

Edit: I just went ahead and added you in case you were curious. It won't change anything unless you decide to create a distribution. You should have a Server Operator forum now, there's links and instructions in there. It's relatively simple, but if you make one you can leave the "Publish for Download" option unchecked, then let me know, and then I can review and publish it if it doesn't look like there's any issues with it.
Sat Oct 01, 2016 2:52 pm
Project Lead
Awesome thank you, yeah for many years we didn't allow MQ, but we do now got to roll with the changes so they say :)

Thanks for getting the Magelo fixed up , and I will totally be posting our own distribution on the website soon.

Jordan "King" Mortenson
www.raidaddicts.org
Mon Oct 03, 2016 10:24 pm
Character Browser Updated Character Browser today and...