Errors Autoloot causes a crash.
Autoloot causes a crash.
So I've been playing on and off for the last 3 years, mostly on PEQTGC.
I had some help to set up my Killians' MQ2 and E3. Everything worked great.
I had an Hiatus of about a year due to that horrible thing known as Real Life, and last week I got a yearning to play again.
I opened up my folders and logged right in fine... on all my toons except 2.
Those 2 crashed as soon as e3 started to load up.
After following the steps listed in the sticky, I woked out that it was all related to 1 line in my toons' ini.

"Auto-Loot (On/Off)= On"

As soon as I removed the "On" my toons both loaded in.

But now I have no auto loot.

I spoke to a few people who suggested:
1) Get a fresh version of MQ2 - So I d/l the one on the PEQTCG forums designated for UF.
Deleted the old version and installed new version.
Spent 6 hours retyping my toons Ini files.

Crashing continued

2) Get the latest version of e3, and let it compile fresh ini settings. So I did.
spent 20mins retyping just one of the ini's - wasn't going to do em all again unless this worked.
It didn't.

3) Edit the General.ini and replace /say with /s. Turn Auto-Loot to on again.
Crashed.

4) Told to come here and beg for help :)
Please HELP! :)
Done.

Any Ideas?
Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:41 pm
Can you email me your /MQ/Assembly log.txt and your /EQ/logs/debug.dmp

Debug.dmp should contain your most recent crash, so this'll only work if the issue you're experiencing was the most recent crash that happened. It's also important that you're running one of our builds. If it's your own build or someone else's the debug dumps offsets won't match our symbol files.The assembly log will help me be sure that I'm using the right symbol files.

Please keep in mind that the debug.dmp may contain information about your workstation--nothing world shattering though. So, if there are privacy concerns, don't send it. I won't share it with anyone though and I'll delete it when I'm through.

Mqemulator at gmail
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:43 pm
Project Lead
As a basic philosophy you shouldn't be able to do anything in a macro that crashes the client. So if that's happening, even though there are often ways to overcome it by altering the macro, the root fault is in one of the MQ dll files. (Or occasionally EQ or the server)
Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:45 pm
Project Lead
Make sure you're running a compile downloaded from here. MQ injects it's DLL files into everquest, so if you load EQ with one version of MQ, then open a different version of MQ, the old one can sometimes stay loaded. The missing Assembly Log.txt is a sign that you might have gotten your MQ builds mixed up, for any MQ download from here, the site automatically generates that file and sticks it in every download. Here is what I'm seeing in the debug dump.

Those timestamps on MQ are way off from our build, and we don't have some of those plugins. Unless our files match the debugger just spits out garbage for me.

If you're certain it's the right build then maybe EQ didn't spit out the debug dump; I only recently discovered it did this so I'm not yet super familiar with when EQ will do a debug dump. In you /EQ/Log directory, check the timestamp on the debug.dmp file. Make sure the timestamp is reasonably close to when you last remember crashing. If it's way off, then it may have not done the dump. If it didn't I can email you a plugin that will do it's own dump next time you crash.

If you discover that it was the wrong build, do a fresh download below. For step 1 pick Underfoot of course, and step 2 would be "PEQ The Grand Creation"

http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php?templatebeta
Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 pm
Project Lead
Oh, if you redownload a build, restart your computer, start the new build, start eq, cause the crash, and then confirm the debug.dmp timestamp is current and send it in.
Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:39 pm
Project Lead
I recently started using e3 and I've had no issues auto looting.

Type /plugin list
Is MQ2LinkDB present?

in General Settings.ini
[Loot]
Use MQ2LinkDB (On/Off)=Off

1) Get a fresh version of MQ2 - So I d/l the one on the PEQTCG forums designated for UF.

Are you using MQ2 from PEQTGC or from here? If from here, which version?

2) Get the latest version of e3, and let it compile fresh ini settings. So I did.
spent 20mins retyping just one of the ini's - wasn't going to do em all again unless this worked.
It didn't.

Use a fresh MQ2 install. Use a fresh e3 install. DO NOT spend 20min retyping inis. Use stock inis. Run e3. If it works, change that one line on one character and try again.

3) Edit the General.ini and replace /say with /s. Turn Auto-Loot to on again.
Crashed.

[Loot]
Loot Link Channel (Requires MQ2LinkDB)=/s

like that?
Thu Feb 18, 2016 7:05 pm
Senior Project Member
Errors Autoloot causes a crash.