General /keypress ?
/keypress ?
Odd question I know, but I cannot find a reference for extended hotkey numbers. /keypress 1 (through 12) works fine, but I find it necessary on some servers to use up most of those 12 slots with spells and clickies so I end up dropping other items, snippet keys in Hotbar #2 (1 - 12).

My question... are there actual numbers assigned to those slots so that I can use /keypress to access them? i.e.. Hotbar set #2 might start with 101 - 112?
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:05 pm
/keypress looks at your keyboard mappings to determine what pressing a certain key combo should do.

/keypress 1 will do whatever eqclient.ini -> Keymaps says to do. If nothing is found there, the default is used. The default happens to be to look in the current active page of Hot Button Bar 1 and press Hot Button 1. If you are on page 2, it will use page 2's button but if you are on page 8, it will use page 8's button.

You can view/change/create hotbutton keyboard mappings in game by going to Options -> Keys -> Hotbar #.

You can view the special keymap code in eqclient.ini -> Keymaps. /keypress DUCK will duck just as well (better, really...) as /keypress D.

-----------------------------------------------

You can also use series of commands to swap pages of the same hot button bar. Using default keymaps...
/keypress Shift+2
/keypress 3
/keypress Shift+1
That will change HotButtonBar to page 2, then press hotbutton 3, then change back to page 1.

-----------------------------------------------

You can also use socials. Create a social called "Zatty01" and fill it with whatever commands you wish. To run it, type /dosocial Zatty01. Socials must have unique names to work logically.
Thu Oct 15, 2015 9:54 pm
Senior Project Member
General /keypress ?