Errors EQBCS issues
EQBCS issues
with the current build of rof gold having a lot of issues where eqbcs will stop taking commands while one or more characters are zoning or if a client crashes. this is particularly troublesome when a character/crashes dies while fighting. this applies to characters on the same pc as eqbcs server, and to those connecting remotely. after the zoning completes or the crashed client is killed (if within eqbcs timeout limit) the queue of commands will all get executed in a batch and resume operation.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 4:23 pm
That's odd... This is on RoF2 or just ROF?

If it's widespread, with others people getting it too, then it's probably on the MQ side or there would be tons of complaints--every client uses the same build of EQBCServer and it hasn't changed in quite some time. Are you using the EQBCServer.exe that comes with our distro? It's a little bit different than other builds.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:10 pm
Project Lead
This sounds similar to a bug fixed about two years ago. I don't see a post referencing the change in the Change Log forum.
Wed Feb 11, 2015 6:22 pm
Senior Project Member
Yeah, itchybottom added location data to netbots which is what is used for emunetadvpath, and I added your entire inventory which is what emuinventory uses. All that extra data was overflowing the default buffer sizes. So I expanded them. If someone used the old EQBCS.exe instead of EQBCServer.exe they'd get some screwy behavior. I don't remember if it was a crash or not though...
Wed Feb 11, 2015 7:01 pm
Project Lead
yes i (was) using the EQBCSServer.exe distributed with RoF2 gold. got a different eqbcs.exe from someone: which does not hang when bots crashed based on a little testing so far.
Thu Feb 12, 2015 5:45 am
What plugins do you run?
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:11 pm
Senior Project Member
mq2cast=mq2cast
mq2vmqnet=mq2vmqnet
mq2chatwnd=mq2chatwnd
mq2eqbc=mq2eqbc
mq2emunetadvpath=mq2emunetadvpath
mq2netbots=mq2netbots
mq2exchange=mq2exchange
mq2twist=mq2twist
mq2fps=mq2fps
mq2moveutils=mq2moveutils
mq2itemdisplay=mq2itemdisplay
mq2autologin=mq2autologin
mq2emuautomacro=mq2emuautomacro
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:28 pm
Hmmm, it's tough to diagnose without being able to recreate--I'm assuming I won't be able to recreate anyway, it's pretty reliable. If that's the case I think step 1 would be to compare your friends source to ours if he has it. Can you check? If that doesn't help point it out then maybe I could make a debug version that writes a log file and you could run it till it hangs, then indicate in the log file where the hang was.... Or something like that. I've never attached a debugger to it, but it may already have ample output to do a diagnosis like that. Are you familiar with windbg or olly debug?

I'll probably be working issues this weekend, I do have a final project for this class but I think I'll have some time to look at this. Is it super consistent? In other words, if I have two toons on, and sacrifice one, and don't get the hang up does that mean I'm not having the problem or should I try fifty times before I give up?
Thu Feb 12, 2015 6:59 pm
Project Lead
In line with I think where grumble is going, it would be cool if you could try it with just MQ2EQBC loaded, and with just MQ2EQBC and MQ2NetBots. (No macros running)
Thu Feb 12, 2015 7:02 pm
Project Lead
I'm not really sure what the source of your problem is. I'd really like to compare the source for your EQBCS.exe that works if you can get your hands on the source. I don't think it's widespread and it sounds like you're up and running so I don't think it's super important to get to the bottom of it... Still though, if you can get the source that'd be awesome.

Is it still consistently working for you?
Mon Feb 16, 2015 2:39 pm
Project Lead
Errors EQBCS issues