Public Macros Questions about Spawn Search
Questions about Spawn Search
I'm writing a very basic autokill bot that follows a path. It just walks down a preset list of locs using /moveto, checking for mobs to kill, and then checking for corpses to loot then moving on. Works perfectly except when I hit a PC corpse. So I thought my solution would be using /alert system.

Here is a test macro I wrote and the output. I am standing beside Thaze's Corpse (a pc and closest to me). Just past it is a froglok ilis knight corpse

Macro
More +

sub main
                /echo ${NearestSpawn[corpse].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[corpse].ID}
                /echo ${NearestSpawn[1,corpse].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[1,corpse].ID}
                /echo ${NearestSpawn[2,corpse].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[2,corpse].ID}

/alert add 10 ${NearestSpawn[corpse].ID}

/echo ${NearestSpawn[corpse noalert 10].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[corpse].ID}
                /echo ${NearestSpawn[1,corpse noalert 10].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[1,corpse].ID}
                /echo ${NearestSpawn[2,corpse noalert 10].Name} id is ${NearestSpawn[2,corpse].ID}

/return

Here is the output in the MQ2 Window:
Macro
More +

[MQ2] Thaze's corpse532 id is 532
[MQ2] froglok_ilis_knight's_corpse0 id is 704
Added alert for: (532-532) any
[MQ2] froglok_ilis_knight's_corpse0 id is 704

I was expecting this to skip over Thaze's corpse on the 2nd set of echos but it did not. Am I using the search syntax incorrectly, or does alerts work differntly than I though?

Tony
Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:21 am
We walk a tight rope in regard to what we help people with. The only reason people know about the site is because server ops send traffic here, so we try to play nice by not helping with certain activities. Afk botting is one of those things. I know there are servers where it's permitted; so I don't mean to incenuate that you're breaking any rules. Even if some server permit it though, we can't help with it.
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:04 am
Project Lead
I understand. Though just for the record I am using the bot much the same way I use to macro on a game called A Tale in the Desert. I run while at the keyboard, and can respond to any GM tells or other players. Just easier on my wrists to watch it play while i read, or chat.

Tony
Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:49 am
Like Maudigan said don't expect much in terms of help with anything that looks like a afk bot.
Most of us get it, been there and done it, it's just this site tries to stay on the level.

In this case I suggest you go double check the documentation (official wiki etc) for any TLO etc that you are using.
Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:06 am
Listen to This Guy
Most of us get it, been there and done it

Ugh... It's been five or six years since I did the stuff that got me banned and I'm still living it down. You're right though, it's not a judgement thing, or a holier than thou thing, it's just to look after the health of the site.
Tue Aug 05, 2014 4:59 pm
Project Lead
Yeah and I'm sure he understands.
Btw when are you going to upgrade the site to something newer then the Jurassic period of web services ;p /hide
Tue Aug 05, 2014 6:14 pm
Listen to This Guy
I've already upgraded everyone else...
Wed Aug 06, 2014 7:06 am
Project Lead
Public Macros Questions about Spawn Search