Errors UF MQ2Melee
UF MQ2Melee
2 issues that i've noticed.

1. Stick break doesn't cooperate. When sticking on attack and then pressing any movement keys, shouldn't this break the stick immediately? I get it to stop resticking after a while, but it's always a fight.

2. Switching mobs. When I switch targets using cycle nearest target, it fights me on turning on attack an awful lot. I've tried disabling enrage and a number of other things to rule them out with no luck. When it fights me I have to turn attack on 3 times with 1 second minimum between each turn on before it finally stays on.

It doesn't appear that the source for whatever version of MQ2Melee this is is available in the download section. I would gladly fix this stuff myself (and submit the fixes if they are desired).

Anyway the source can be made available, or you can point me to where it is and the version? Or if both those aren't possible, look into fixing this stuff.
Sun Mar 23, 2014 9:39 am
MQ2Melee just uses moveutils and I believe that stick break is an option in mq2moveutils not mq2melee. did you set that up correctly?
Sun Mar 23, 2014 2:10 pm
Senior Project Member
Stick break should be an option off mq2melee (/melee stickbreak=on/off(0/1), not mq2moveutils. With just mq2moveutils, stick will break on any non-mouse related movement change. I'm not sure what version of mq2melee introduced stickbreak, but it is in the latest source from the mq2 forums. It is not in the source posted in the plugin dev forum here though.

I'm going to compile the source from these forums and see what happens when i get home. I have the feeling the source on these forums doesn't match the compiled plugin that comes with the download. But, even with the source from here, re-implementing stickbreak would only be a few lines of change.

Without the mq2melee stickbreak variable/code, it just continues to restick you until the mob is dead. It does just use mq2moveutils, but keeps reapplying it.
Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:57 pm
Bad memory, thanks for the clarification. I'll try and look at my source, I have half ass updated to get some new functionality in my local build. Causes some crashes I have never tracked down yet. Not enough free time lately.
Tue Mar 25, 2014 7:45 am
Senior Project Member
Cool, Maudigan got me updated source files for everything so I can dig down and get at least the auto restick crazyness "fixed" (likely create an option for it that is set to on by default so it doesn't kill everyone elses macros).

The switching target I might be able to get around by clearing my target and then cycling. Not sure what that will do, but will try to fix in mq2melee regardless.

I have some other improvements I want to make anyway, like getting LUA into MQ2 and hard coding the 200 range limit for /target on the PEQ server (and for the Spawn structure).
Tue Mar 25, 2014 8:43 am
Errors UF MQ2Melee