General MQ Hot Key starter kit
MQ Hot Key starter kit
This is a guide intended for use by first time MQ users.

DISCLAIMER: It is compiled work from several sources and minds and is not exclusively my own work.
Big Props to Sorvani who put me on this hot key path in the beginning.

1. Download MQ2 for the client you are using. (Titanium, SOD, UF etc...)
http://mqemulator.net/downloads.php

(If the default IP doesn't allow you to connect: Use steps 2 and 3)

2. Determine what your IP address is.
-- Bottom left of your windows screen.. hit start
-- type in cmd and hit enter
-- type ipconfig and hit enter
-- Scroll up and look for IPV4 address (This is your IP address)

3. Assign your IP address
-- Open up your MQ2 folder
-- scroll down to mq2eQBC and open that
-- replace the existing IP address with yours
-- save and close the file

4. Start MQ2 (Dbl click)

5. Start EQBC Server (Dbl click) (Do NOT miss this step... most do)
-- You will know it's started when a dos window pops up

6. Open EQ for the toon that will control the others

7. Make hot keys for your main toon to control the others:

*** Some general info you might want to know before issuing commands ***

/bct is a tell to a single character or channel
/bca is a command to everyone of your toons
/bcaa is a command to all toons PLUS yourself (May not work with all clients)

Learn how to copy and paste to EQ. open your options in eq and selct Keys tab then UI. Scroll down to the "Paste from Clipboard" option and select a key combo that you are comfy with. Now you can copy and paste from this guide. You won't believe how many errors people create just trying to retype this code rather than the copy and paste routine.

**** This key targets tells your toons to target your target, stick to it and kill it.

/bca //target ID ${Target.ID}
/bca //stick 10
/bca //killthis

*** This key tells your toons to stick behind you and look up/down

/bca //stick id ${Me.ID} !front uw

*** this key tells your toons to stop sticking to you

/bca //stick off

*** this one tells your cleric to cast AE heal memmed in gem #2

/bct CLERICNAME //casting "Word of Vivication" gem2 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc CLERICNAME].ID}

8. Make sure to load your plugins /plugin melee /plugin autogroup etc...

****** Now you have your main toon set up so it's time to set up your bots *******

1. Log on an alt and repeat the steps below for each melee toon... get that right... only the melee get this set up.

2. Do control A. That brings up your ability window.

3. Right click the keys one at a time and choose an ability to assign to that key.
-- Abilities like Bash, Kick, Flying Kick, Backstab as apllicable will be needed on that toon.

4. In your chat window type /melee (this is NOT for your Main toon... ONLY the melee alts/bots)
-- This is a long list that you need to wade through and turn on (1) or off (0) applicable abilities.
-- For example... Paladins do not need backstab so /melee backstab=0 ... or /melee bash=1 would be correct.
-- Once you have gone through the list you then have to /melee save *** DONT FORGET THIS PART ***

************* Some intermidiate code *******************

If you add casters (Wiz, Nec, Mage) you will want to issue separate commands since you don't want wizards in melee.
For that you will want to split the melee and casters into channels. I use assist and cast. Commands issued to assist are for melee only. So get your melee on the mob... then you can get your casters busy nuking.

To set up channels ...

1. Go to each alt toon and type the appropriate channel... for melee toons... /bccmd channels assist and for casters it would be /bccmd channels cast

Now you can change all your command keys from /bca to the appropriate /bct channel.

*** Caster code ***

This tells everyone in channel "cast" to target your target, send in their pets and cast spell ID number 112900 until the target is dead.

/bct cast //target ID ${Target.ID}
/bct cast //casting 112900 -kill
/bct cast //pet attack

*** Obviously, not all casters have Spell ID number 112900 so .... pick the top nuke and appropriate Spell ID for each caster. (With MQ running.. right
click and hold.. the spell gem and scroll to the bottom to find the ID #)

There is so much more, but this will get you up and running PDQ.
Fri Jun 01, 2012 10:16 pm
Thank you, for the Paste from Clipboard hint, I consider myself a seasoned EQ Player but never knew this one. Much apprecaited!

Wilbane
Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:08 am
Hello, I have a question. When I follow this and type /melee, I get a long list of things.. however, I don't see how to change them?
Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:28 pm
The guide gives some examples in the same paragraph:

4. In your chat window type /melee (this is NOT for your Main toon... ONLY the melee alts/bots)
-- This is a long list that you need to wade through and turn on (1) or off (0) applicable abilities.
-- For example... Paladins do not need backstab so /melee backstab=0 ... or /melee bash=1 would be correct.
-- Once you have gone through the list you then have to /melee save *** DONT FORGET THIS PART ***

/melee backstab=0
and
/melee bash=1

Use similar notation for all the other options. You can also check the sofware documentation section for MQ2Melee documentation.
Sun Dec 15, 2013 6:18 pm
Senior Project Member
General MQ Hot Key starter kit