Change Log 26 Oct 2013
26 Oct 2013
RoF, Underfoot, Titanium, SoD have all had updates made to MQ2EmuTiler.dll

There is a new TLO variable, a new command, and a new ini element. All are related to hiding the background windows behind the foreground window. This was added upon request.

The way it works is you execute /tile hide or set hide=0 in the ini before starting. In the hidden state the foreground window will fill up the primary monitor. All the backgrounds windows will get stuck behind it out of site. To script around it, you can use the new bool variable added to the tiler TLO, ${EmuTiler.Hide}

With the way it currently works it doesn't automatically resize the background windows to fill the screen. My hope was that this would make it much faster to turn it off and on so you could set a hotkey and quickly blow the primary window up to full screen to see something, then hit it again to shrink it back rapidly.

What you don't see is the background windows are still small tiles instead of being blown up to full screen. For those that want to leave it in this state it still shouldn't be very noticable; as your bring the other windows into the foreground they will be blown up to full screen and stay that way. There will be a small delay when that happens but it'll only happen once per window. The behavior may be more obvious if you usethe dual monitor setup and swap to hidden mode.

If you want this upgraded version, as usual download the new gold package for your build and either use it as-is or copy the new MQ2EmuTiler.dll over to your old files (back the old one up first!). You can keep your old ini file. It will automatically add the hide=0|1 the first time you execute a /tile hide.

RoF, Underfoot, Titanium, SoD updates to macroquest.ini

I fixed a bug in the script that generates this ini for the different packages. EmuTiler never came enabled by default. I fixed this in the script. So for fresh downloads there should be no longer be a need to /plugin mq2emutiler before you can use it.

Note

As always, please let me know if there are any issues with these changes so I can fix them or do a temporary rollback. Thanks!
Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:18 pm
Project Lead
One more quick change
RoF, Underfoot, Titanium, SoD have all had updates made to MQ2EmuTiler.dll (again)

I modified the routine that enables dual monitor support. If you enable dual monitor support while hide mode is enabled it will now disable hide mode. Hide mode, by its nature, takes precedence over dual monitor mode. If you have hide mode turned on and then enabled dual monitor mode it wouldn't do anything. I thought this might be confusing for someone less familiar. So it will now disable hide and post a message that it has done so.

This was only to fix the possible confusion of going from single monitor to dual monitor while hide is enable. The opposite situation has not changed--If you have dual monitor on, and then enable hide, DM stays enabled. You can also still enable both of them from within the ini file; why would you do that? That's kinda strange dude...
Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:17 pm
Project Lead
Change Log 26 Oct 2013