Errors Moveutils seems to be crashing SOD Client
Moveutils seems to be crashing SOD Client
Greetings again...
I just changed from UF client to SOD client on the Hidden Forest. Seems there are issues with UF there and as of yesterday.. even more. So.. I got myself a SOD client and downloaded the gold version of MQ2.
After equalizing the new client with all the needed files, and doing the same for MQ2.. I loaded her up and viola! Crash!

Being the expert that I am from my previous client issues, I unloaded all the plugins and one by one added them in until the client crashed. The offending plugin is mq2moveutils. I again unloaded all the plugins and loaded mq2moveutils first and again the client crashed.

Any ideas?
Thanks Maudigan..

Randall
Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 pm
Did you start with fresh (stock) ini files for both EQ and MQ2? If not, try that.
Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:29 pm
Senior Project Member
Ok.. interesting. I unzipped a fresh copy of MQ2 and loaded up EQ and it crashed again. So, then I moved all the .ini files from the EQ folder out and ran EQ again, this time the character fully loaded and didn't crash.

So, next I tried the clean EQ with no ini files with the updated MQ2 with all my old ini files moved over and it also loads.

Honestly tho, I would prefer not to have to rebuild all those profiles again if there is a way around it. Do you have any insight into which EQ ini file would be causing the problem? If not, I guess I will have to make some trials.

Thanks grumble
Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:12 pm
I don't have any good guesses... I've had a similar problem when I was developing mq2tiler. Tiler was causing bad values to end up in the INI and the next EQ load, even without MQ loaded, would crash. This is a shot in the dark as I'm not super familiar with move utils code and if it fiddles with key mapping... But do you have any custom keyboard settings?
Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:56 pm
Project Lead
Actually I do have have some remapped keys. I hate the capslock key so I remap it to just a left shift key. I also remap the windows key to nothing.. nothing worse than hitting that key when I am in a game!

However, while I haven't actually determined which ini file was causing the issue, I have (for the most part) rectified the problem and have been able to move most of the old ini files into the new client.

So, unless I have further problems with it, I will consider this issue closed. Thank you both for your help!

Cheers
Randall
Thu Dec 13, 2012 8:08 pm
Do you have any insight into which EQ ini file would be causing the problem? If not, I guess I will have to make some trials.

There are probably audio/video settings that change between client versions. It's easy to crash EQ with improper audio/video settings.

Another possibility is if you change some of the model files. Getting rid of human models on UF might crash SoD or vice versa.

Those SHOULD be global files and not character specific files. Try restoring a character specific file (while still using stock global files). If you don't crash then you can restore your UI and hotkey settings.
Thu Dec 13, 2012 11:02 pm
Senior Project Member
Errors Moveutils seems to be crashing SOD Client