Errors Login
Login
I am new to MQ2 but from what I figured out I like it. But I do have a "issue" I use MQEmu_Gold_Underfoot and when I get everything going it asks me to log in. Using my signin for here so I do that and it shoots up a error of "MacroQuest2 is blocking the 'send Sony crash info?' box for your safety and privacy. Crashes ase usually bugs either in EQ or in MacroQuest2." and this only happens to three of the six toons that I box. Is there something that I am doing wrong?
Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:01 pm
I just got a similar bug report from someone else, looking into it now. In the meantime unload mq2emumap. If that doesn't fix it report back as it would be something unrelated that we'd need to get to the bottom of. By any chance do you play on hidden forest?
Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:07 pm
Project Lead
I did do the maps and that did correct it but still does not make sense on why it works on 3 toons but not the other 3 toons that I box on the same computer.
And yes on thf
Sun Oct 07, 2012 3:54 pm
I missed the detail about it only happening to three toons, that's pretty interesting. The other user with the issue is also a hidden forest player. I'm not sure why THF would cause the problem but now that I know it's not his PC that is the issue I may be able to recreate the crash which will speed up the fix. Can you give me some more details about those characters. You can PM if you don't want the info public. Anything you can think of, race class, level, etc. Could it be something other than the toons like we're those characters in a diff zone or diff pc, different Everquest executable, etc. I'm off on holiday tomorrow and have the house to myself so I should have some u interrupted time to play around with it.
Sun Oct 07, 2012 5:30 pm
Project Lead
I almost forgot! I sent a refund your way. We should be to the bottom of this soon. Sorry, and thanks for being patient.
Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:01 pm
Project Lead
Potential fix is posted. You can try it at the old download link I sent you a few days ago. Will keep you updated if the other person is successful with it.
Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:43 pm
Project Lead
Me too
I also play on THF... also I get a crash when logging my box laptop on [only] when I login the Gold membership. If I do NOT log in Gold, it works fine.

Characters crashing are a Gnome Mage, and Frogluk Cleric. OS is Windows XP SP3. I have indexing turned off also.

But my Iksar Necro runs fine.

The same characters are NOT crashing on my Vista desktop and my XP Pro laptop, only the one that has XP SP3. I figured it was something to troublesome to worry about and just swapped UI files between computers and play different toons on different computers than originally planed.

[btw not seeking a refund; just offering info to help with the issue if it helps]

For me it seems to have something to do with what computer is running it as well as the character being used.
Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:30 pm
Sent you a private message with the link to a probable fix.
Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:37 am
Project Lead
Please let me know as soon as the problem is fixed, i am also playing on THF and changing to UF client soon.
Thank you.
Thu Oct 18, 2012 8:58 am
Will do
Thu Oct 18, 2012 9:01 am
Project Lead
It appears as this is fixed. It is now integrated with the underfoot gold build.
Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:30 pm
Project Lead
Errors Login