Errors EQBC Connection
EQBC Connection

I'm recently revived to EQ and it's been a very long time since I've used MQ2 and EQBC is new to me. After trying to search the MQ2 forums, EQemu forums, PEQTGC forums and these forums I give up and I have to ask for help! I've followed all instructions and continually get this error now matter what I set the IP to. I've tried 198.162.1.8 and 127.0.0.1, I've made sure port 2112 wasn't blocked on the router.

I'm running Windows 7 home premium, EQ Titanium and MQ2 Gold. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:56 pm
Forcefully rejected? How rude! =)

I always run ipconfig to determine my NAT IP... then drop that into EQBC and save the file. Relaunch EQBC server. Rinse and repeat when you add new components to the network.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:59 pm
How many computers are you running? Which one has EQBC, and which one has the EQ clients on it, etc.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:58 pm
Project Lead
That's a default windows error message, I find it hard to imagine that MQ is outputting that message in a pop-up, and I don't know why EQBCServer would output it at all since it isn't initiating the connection.

It basically means that it tried to connect to some client, and that client denied the connection. Temporarily disable your firewall and try it.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 6:03 pm
Project Lead
Just the one computer the wireless network is setup for tablets, xbox, smartphones...etc. All EQ releated stuff is on the one PC.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:04 pm
127.0.0.1 is definitely what you want then. Even though it's local you should still try it with the firewall off. And do you know if the message is coming from MQ, or EQBCServer.exe?
Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:28 pm
Project Lead
From EQBCServer.exe and from MQ I just get the message could not connect. I believe I've narrowed it down to a firewall issue with my router. I borrowed my friend's laptop, disabled his firewalls and recieved the same error. I've set it up through port forwarding only other thing I can think to try is hooking it directly to my modem and seeing what happens.
Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:36 pm
Was a NAT filtering issue with my router...turned NAT To open and it's all gravy now.
Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:03 pm
Errors EQBC Connection