Goto page Previous  1, 2 Errors Underfoot MoveUtils problem
What do you mean by player adjustable pulse timer?
Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:17 pm
Project Lead
I apologize for not clarifying, was braindumping more than anything.

I was inquiring if there is a setting that 'pulses' on a user set timer (through INI file).

The problems still seemed to stem from WinEQ using possibly overlapping keybinds, with a small part due to server lag. The controllable pulse could reset the facing of the character (Garlicsalt) to the leader (Hateborne).

I will continue to dig through code as time permits. My C++ is admittedly weak, but give enough time I can return some useful info.

Thank you again Maudigan

-Hate
Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:15 pm
I don't know of any personally aside from just writing a macro with a loop and a timer variable.
Thu Feb 23, 2012 2:17 pm
Project Lead
I have always thought it was something to do with the part of the move utilities that handles obstructions. The toon that is sticking to another gets stuck behind a wall and it tries to find a way around the wall. It kinda behaves the same way a little bit. Same thing happens in water. If I drag my toons through some water, (without using the UW append) they kinda do the side step thing as if they are trying to find their way around an obstruction. I have always thought that obstruction was probably due to lag.
Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:34 pm
I cannot figure out exactly where it is in the code. It has something to do with the AutoPause and the StuckLogic. The ini file settings are pretty much ignored completely. There are a variety of options to set, but none of them do ANYTHING.

This is the best I can offer as my C++ is weak by my standards, and the code is fairly complex for the small amount of time I am able to commit. I sincerely hope that at least helps lockdown the problem(s).

Thank you again Maudigan and apologies that I cannot provide any further assistance.

-Hate
Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:00 pm
Anyone Else Have Anything?
Does anyone else have anything else to add to this? I am at a loss of anything to add. :-\

-Hate
Mon Mar 19, 2012 1:14 pm
I don't have UF, so take what I say with a grain of salt.

What issue(s) are you having exactly?

What is the offending stick command? What parameters/variables?

Can you produce the side-step dance with 100% 'success' rate?

If I'm not mistaken, Ctl+Alt+# is a feature of WinEQ. Try playing without WinEQ. Use Alt-tab or clicking the task bar to swap characters. Does the side-step dance still exist? For me, WinEQ just kills EQ. I can load twice as many characters without WinEQ than with it. WinEQ also randomly makes some objects (doors, bridges, trees, barrels, rocks, etc) disappear.

Describe the side-step dance. Does your character side-step (strafe) or turn or both? Is your character ever moving forward/backward during the side-step dance? How long do you let the dancing character dance? Will the dancing character ever stop dancing on it's own?

Do you or can you have both windows visible at the same time? While controlling your main, what does the screen of the follower/sticker look like during side-step?

What happens if you turn Auto-pause and Manual-Pause ON? Simply changing windows sometimes issues a spurious movement command. If you tell MoveUtils to break on movement, then changing windows will sometimes tell MoveUtils to stop. This might explain the issues of your first post.

What happens if you turn OFF the stuck logic?

The problems still seemed to stem from WinEQ using possibly overlapping keybinds, with a small part due to server lag. The controllable pulse could reset the facing of the character (Garlicsalt) to the leader (Hateborne).

Make the following hotkey on your main.

Macro
More +
/pause 2, /noparse /bcaa //docommand ${If[${Stick.Active}, /stick off, /echo <insert quippy phrase here>]}
/pause 2, /bca /target clear
/bca //stick id ${Me.Id}
Press it when you see a follower/sticker doing the dance and see if it fixes the issue.

For that matter, make a testing/debugging hotkey as well:
Macro
More +
/noparse /bcaa //multiline ; /echo Status=${Stick.Status} (${MacroQuest.Running});/echo Active=${Stick.Active} (${MacroQuest.Running});/echo Paused=${Stick.Paused} (${MacroQuest.Running});/echo MovePause=${Stick.MovePause} (${MacroQuest.Running});/echo Stopped=${Stick.Stopped} (${MacroQuest.Running})

Press this one before, during, and after steps taken to reproduce the dance. Compare the results of characters that don't dance to characters that dance.
Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:56 pm
Senior Project Member
The debugging hotkey is a great idea. I find myself doIng something very similar constantly.
Tue Mar 20, 2012 4:01 am
Project Lead
Having the same issues hate is describing. 6 boxing, 0 issues using titanium client/titanium version of mq2, just having the issue on underfoot. I have not tried the hotkey grumble suggested, but will test it out tomorrow
Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:15 am
RESOLVED

Sorry for the huge delay on updating. It actually was the "Max Background FPS" in Underfoot. I had it on unlimited. Setting it to "Min CPU" resolved this for me. I actually tried WinEQ2 (with EQPlayNice off) and it worked in a quick 5 minute test. Not enough for certainty, but it looks like that "Max Background" option was the game ender.

Thanks to Xiggie of EZ Server for pointing this out to me.

Thank you Maudigan and grumble.

-Hate
Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:15 pm
Goto page Previous  1, 2 Errors Underfoot MoveUtils problem