Errors Incorrect Client Version
Incorrect Client Version
Hello,

I have spent the last few hours surfing the web, downloading multiple versions trying to figure this out on my own. I have come to the end of my rope and reaching out for a bit of help to point me in the direction.

I just recently tonight downloaded Seeds of Destruction via Steam. I have been using the Titanium version for quite awhile now with no MQ2 issues. After I downloaded the SoD version I went ahead and made all the emulator changes that needed to be done. I tested a log in and everything went fine. So I came to the point to search around for the correct MQ2 client version for SoD. As I said above I have downloaded many different SoD MQ2 clients now and I am having the same issue with all of them. When i load up my newly installed SoD client I get the error "Incorrect Client Version". I am downloading the MQEmu_Classic_SOD.zip from this specific website and still getting the error.

I have run out of idea's to try myself, so reaching out for any help possible. Any information of what I may be doing wrong would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
Fri Feb 10, 2012 12:38 am
Resolved
Well after making this post I kept trying different things. I ended up trying different versions of Mq2 such as the MQ2Emu_Classic_SOF (which didn't work). Finally for the hell of it I tried out MQ2Emu_Classic_Underfoot and for whatever reason it worked! I'm not sure why it worked but it did and I'm not complaining!

Thanks for the easy download, hope this post helps someone else in the future.
Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:00 am
The blame is on Steam. If you order/download SoD, you get Underfoot. If you order/download Underfoot, you get Underfoot. If you get it from steam, it's Underfoot.
Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:30 am
Senior Project Member
im also havin issues w it "not being the correct client" i installed game off disc with SoF, tried using SoF version but every time i launch game it says its the incorrect version?
Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:09 pm
Errors Incorrect Client Version