Public Macros Healing toon vs. toon's pet
Healing toon vs. toon's pet
So I have created a hokey:

/bct CLERIC //target Beastlord
/bct CLERIC //cast 8
/bct CLERIC //cast 8

So obviously it tries to cast spell slot 8 (highest level healing spell I have). The problem I am running into is the cleric targets the beastlord's pet 1/2 the time I feel like. What am I doing wrong or what do I need to add to correct this? Or should I just learn how to use Netheal or someone else's macro to to make my ife easier? I am totally new to macros and even the original eq "macros".
Sat Mar 10, 2012 6:47 am
The equal sign signifies an exact match. Try this:

/target =beaslord
Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:15 am
Project Lead
Ahhh okay. Even with no programming skills that makes perfectly good sense.
Sat Mar 10, 2012 10:24 am
/bct Cleric_name //casting "Divine intervention" gem6 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc Beastlord_name].ID}
Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:25 pm
That would be very effective also. I usually leave hotkeys/macros up to the rest of you guys, but tell me if this makes sense:

/noparse /bct Cleric_name //casting "Divine intervention" gem6 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc =Beastlord_name].ID}

The idea being that the cleric will parse the target ID himself, and if he happens to be in another zone then it will (possibly) error out and not cast on a different mob that happens to have the same spawn id in a different zone. Not sure if that is even possibly... just a random thought i had. I also added an = to it.
Sat Mar 10, 2012 8:09 pm
Project Lead
/bct Cleric_name //casting "Divine intervention" gem6 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc Beastlord_name].ID}

You should still use the exact string match designation: =Beastlord_name. If the beastlord was named Zatty and there was another character named Zattytwo in the zone, you might not get the right one. Presumably the NearestSpawn section ensures only characters you control are the closest spawn, in which case you control the names, but you never know.

/noparse /bct Cleric_name //casting "Divine intervention" gem6 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${NearestSpawn[pc =Beastlord_name].ID}

The idea being that the cleric will parse the target ID himself, and if he happens to be in another zone then it will (possibly) error out and not cast on a different mob that happens to have the same spawn id in a different zone. Not sure if that is even possibly... just a random thought i had. I also added an = to it.

This assumes the /casting command doesn't cast if an invalid targetid is given. I hope it doesn't but I can't find any documentation one way or another.

I'll definitely have to try this method on my /stick hotkey. So fun to find a dead character sticking to a player in guild lobby or an NPC in PoK. And this one night when I bound my casters in Iceclad outside ToFS while killing in ToFS...
Sun Mar 11, 2012 4:04 am
Senior Project Member
/casting will cast on whatever target the toon has. If you use -targetid and there is not target it will attempt to cast and get the no target error. If the -targetid argument is invalid, and the toon already has a target, it will not change the target, and then attempt to cast.
Sun Mar 11, 2012 8:38 am
Senior Project Member
That makes sense.

Would an If TLO work?

Macro
More +
/noparse /docommand ${If[${Spawn[pc =Beastlord_name].ID}, /bct Cleric_name //casting "Divine intervention" gem6 -maxtries|3 -targetid|${Spawn[pc =Beastlord_name].ID}, /echo Beastlord_name does not appear to be in the zone.]}
Sun Mar 11, 2012 3:02 pm
Senior Project Member
yes. that would prevent the command form going out if he was not in zone.
Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:29 pm
Senior Project Member
Public Macros Healing toon vs. toon's pet