Character Browser Charcacter Browser and EQ Live idea
Charcacter Browser and EQ Live idea
I am not sure if something like this already exists, but with EQ going F2P, maybe such a utility might be of interest to some...

Currently Magelo, Allakhazam profile etc. are only available with full functionality for paying subscribers. However, Zam's LUCY item collecter, does a collection of all your Stats, skills, spells, and items and dumps them in an html file.

Would it be feasible (I don't know anything about PHP myself unfortunately) to modify Character Browser to accept uploads of this html file, and then display that data in the standard Character Browser graphical "Magelo" window on a website?

I'm going to guess it probably can. As for if anyone else would be interested I am not positive as there is already the EQ Players website which does similar for free too. However maybe someone would like to put something like that on a (EQLive related) guild website.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:32 am
Character Browser reads the Character tables for its information. To do what you are wanting would basically be a character import from Live. This could be done, but with so many things not in the EQEmu system it would likely cause a lot of problems.

Writing a character import from a webpage can be done. the EQTitan team set up a method to copy characters from PEQ to EQTitan via the Character Browser for example.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:47 am
Senior Project Member
I guess it would be something like your second case. LUCY item collector outputs your characters info into an html file saved on your hard drive.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:09 am
A macroquest plugin could fairly easily be written that would dump an html file like you describe. The part that would be difficult is the web interface for uploading a file like that. It would be a pretty large undertaking.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:17 am
Project Lead
Yea it wouldn't need to dump, just upload/read the file generated by LUCY item collector. Anyway, was just a random idea I had after playing around with LUCY on live yesterday.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 7:28 pm
Some one just wrote what you wanted.
http://www.eqemulator.org/forums/showthread.php?t=34838

- nosfentora
0.0.0.8 ALPHA
http://www.mediafire.com/?3uwad25go1fdm

* Finished Magelo decoding
* Import any character on Magelo EQ
* easy to import, just use the built in web browser
* Option to import Magelo profile to bot/character profile for later use
* Imports stacks / charges
* Imports item augments

Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:38 pm
Senior Project Member
That looks like something else. It appears to import data from Magelo. Magelo requires that you pay them money to get a full character profile, so is not that useful. SOE already has a similar server for free on EQ Players. Lucy Item Collector records all stats and equipment and dumps it in an html file on your hard drive.
Tue Feb 21, 2012 10:20 pm
Character Browser Charcacter Browser and EQ Live idea